Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tied to Springtime

As I warm up to warmer weather, I look forward to breaking out my latest tie acquisitions.


Lands' End - A relatively new tie from Lands' End, all cotton but with a nice linen-like texture.
Robert Talbott - I'm guessing this is a 1980's piece, but the sailboat motif will never lose its style.
Robert Talbott - Absolutely the oldest Talbott tie I've found. Incredible construction, interesting tags, and best of all, true Indian bleeding madras. (The lovely label told me so.)


Chaps - This mid-2000's tie might have been made in China but the print is quite beautiful, and the quality exceeds that of current Lauren Ralph Lauren or Chaps pieces.
Polo - A newer number, I'm glad to finally have a houndstooth tie not made of wool. All silk, here.
Chaps - This and the other Chaps tie are certainly from the same collection, and I'm also certain I'll be getting plenty of wear from both. I've rarely seen a tie with such an intriguing color combination.

2 comments:

  1. I'm unsure whether I love or hate the Polo. I think I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite the traditional pattern and color scheme, this tie is anything but traditional. That will make wearing it well all the more fun and challenging.

      Delete