Thursday, August 15, 2013

Today at the Thrift - Fore


Like much of my clothing, my golf club collection is an amalgamation of thrift shop discoveries. Though I don't often have time for the links, I do find time to hit the range. Before heading out last Saturday to strike a few I came upon these slightly beat up, but still beautiful, drivers (and two 3 woods, not pictured). As a lefty, it's been unbelievably difficult to thrift my clubs. Over the past few years, I've bought one driver at a time, each slightly better than the last. I've found newer and newer clubs with lighter shafts, sturdier grips, better-designed heads. Yet, these two drivers (and  3 woods) are f***ing wonderful and by far the greatest improvement to my bag. I just upped my long game by twenty yards and all it cost me was $18 (for all four clubs).

No comments:

Post a Comment