Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today's Outfit - Favorite Fair Isle



I recently acquired my all-time favorite fair isle sweater from eBay. Offered several years ago from Polo, I could never afford the sweater at retail and always found it selling around $100 on eBay. Finally, my luck changed a few weeks back when I discovered it for a list price of only $17.99. I put in a maximum bid of $50, though I figured to be outbid within a few days. Amazingly, no other bids were placed and, after a $5.65 shipping charge, the sweater arrived at my door.

Today I've paired it with a Polo poplin dress shirt, raw silk tie and brown cords, Club Room argyle socks and vintage Mancuso monkstrap shoes.


What's the longest you've waited to buy a long-desired item, whether from eBay or retail, and what was it?

1 comment:

  1. I waited almost a year for a Polo grey lambswool cable knit at a decent price (still couldn;t justify the cost of a cashmere). I am still looking for a pair of Dooney & Bourke boat shoes in my size. I have been looking for well over 12 months now.

    ReplyDelete