Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Summer Send-Off

I discovered these photos a couple days ago taken before my cousin's birthday lawn party in late August. The invitation stated casual - this is casual for me. When the temperature descends throughout the evening, a layering piece like a lightweight sweater vest or blazer slightly dresses up a standard button-front shirt and keeps you warm.

I was quite happy to get one last run from my Polo seersucker blazer before autumn. Tan and white seersucker makes a subtler statement than flashy yet traditional light blue and white. I continued to dress up the look a bit with a linen navy pocket square.


Given the use of a pocket square, I opted out of wearing a tie. However, the navy and light blue of the pocket square are picked up in the sweater vest. I came away with the white Polo shirt and Club Room sweater vest for around $30 on clearance at Macy's.


I forgot to flash my socks in this one - Club Room yellow pair to match the sweater vest. The jeans are yet another great pick-up from my store - Polo Stanton jeans at $22. The tassel loafers are my trusty Johnston and Murphy's I've totally worn down by now. I can't get over the shoes I thrift sometimes. This pair cost as much as the socks.


Go together, never matchy-matchy.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good, boy! I bet you´ve been the best dressed guy at the party, the tie might have been overdone, so wise choice to leave it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great jacket. I'm a fan of the tan/white seersucker as well but I can never seem to find any of it, let alone a polo version.

    Great play on patterns and color here as well, a really solid outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoozy - Thanks. It's hard to NOT wear a tie when I have so many great options but I think it worked here.

    David - Thanks a lot. I picked up the jacket for $80 on final clearance. It wasn't listed with the other sport coats but hidden in a link for other items, so I totally lucked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have nearly as many ties as you, however I agree that it is difficult not to wear a tie, it's almost automatic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately I've been trying to step up to wearing an ascot. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete