Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Power of Pink

To honor October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I loaded up on pink - shirt, tie, sweater vest and socks - for a special fundraiser at school.


I don't believe in luck, but I've been through a lot with this tie. I picked it up from Express five years ago. I know, there's nothing traditional about Express, but I've had amazing things happen while wearing this tie. It's the one tie to survive my house fire last summer. It helped land me my new job; I was complimented on my boldness for wearing pink the moment I walked into the interview.


I picked up the sweater vest from Saddlebred at Belk. The shirt is Polo (of course).


I wore all this with a worsted wool charcoal suit from Palm Beach I found recently on eBay.


The bit loafers are certainly not classic Gucci. This pair comes from my favorite maker, Allen Edmonds, and cost about one dollar. My socks came from Ralph's end of summer sale.


I could use one of them clubs to knock acorns out my backyard off the hill to hit some them squirrels. ~ Said to me by a camouflage-adorned gent at the sporting goods store today as I browsed the sand wedges.

2 comments:

  1. Good look, all very classic. I like how gray wool can be used to balance even the most vibrant of colors and keep you from looking too "peacocked". I have a solid light pink tie, but I like the repp stripe pattern you have there, I'll have to keep my eye out for something similar.

    Also, that rug is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - Thanks so much. This and my darker gray suit are certainly the most versatile pieces of my wardrobe. If I come upon any decent pink repp stripe ties, I'll send them your way. The rug is an antique I picked up from an estate sale. My bedroom's lined with rugs like it.

    ReplyDelete