Monday, December 17, 2012

Just in from eBay - Colorful Cashmere

I've been very lucky finding cashmere on eBay these past few months. Since October, I've picked up eight Polo cashmere cable knits, but these are my two most recent acquisitions. Since purchasing my first Polo cashmere a few years ago, I've slowly accumulated various colors, only to have purple and pink elude me until now. The pink sweater (Nantucket red-ish, really) cost $45.99, a little more than I'm normally willing to pay, but the seller was asking $60 and we worked a compromise. The purple sweater was an even greater deal in more ways than one. Not only was the piece a bit cheaper at $41.50, but it had never been worn. In all, I've spent $288.64 on my eight new sweaters. Sure, that's a lot of money, especially for an avid thrifter slowly working his way off a college kid's budget. However, at $36.08 a piece, I've saved, on average, more than 90% off the retail cost of a single sweater. Also, at the $288.64 mark, I'm still $133.12 shy of the $398 original price... and that extra cash should be enough for another four sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment