Monday, October 14, 2013

Ridiculous eBay Find


Logging on to eBay this morning, I noticed a photo of this shoe in the eBay Stories blog. Yes, apparently even eBay now has a blog, and this joke was under the Remarkable Finds section. As an artist, I'm open to all sorts of abstract, unconventional work. However, I cannot accept this chewed wingtip as art. Given a saw, a hammer and a chisel, I could pull off the same thing in a half hour. Who the **** is bidding on this? You want shoe-art? An antique Italian or English-cobbled brogue is a true handcrafted work of art, and something which, for $150, would be much more attractive on display than a chewed Cole Haan.

Update: With 1 day and 22 hours remaining, this **** is now up to $305.

1 comment:

  1. You know, it's the darnedest thing. I was just remarking to my wife this weekend about how our living room still needed "something" to give that extra special bit of personality. Low and behold, you share this! It would look absolutely stunning in the middle of our coffee table.

    Best Regards,

    Heinz-Urich von B.

    ReplyDelete