Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to Blogging

In the past three weeks, I've lost two relatives, found a new advertising client, lost my mind and found a bunch of new clothing. When I've not been developing my client's campaign, I've been organizing the CKC Shoppe. Although I'm not exactly sure when new items will be up, I promise you'll be amazed by what's available. Honestly, I'd forgotten most of what I purchased in the past year, until recently sorting bag after bag of thrift shop finds stacked in my office.

Now, back to where I left off - the Affordable Essentials. I'd say that what I have yet to cover for dresswear is rather self-explanatory. When building a wardrobe on a very limited budget, finding a single item appropriate for multiple situations is crucial. Therefore, in coming days I'll move to casual wear and what items successfully bridge the gap between dress and casual, depending on occasion. I believe the fulfillment of any blog is based upon reader interaction, so please feel free to add to the guidelines I share or question additional wardrobe options.

In the mean time, here's my latest acquisition. I received a mailer from Gilt yesterday, offering $20 off a $40 purchase. Not looking for anything in particular, I began browsing the entire site and was quite pleased to come upon these P.F. Flyers. For awhile now, I've wanted a pair of either navy or green suede chukkas. To see that these Flyers had been reduced from the original $90 to a Gilt price of $60 and reduced yet again to $45 meant I could pick these up for $25. Throw in shipping and $30.95 later, I'm waiting for these chukkas to show up at my doorstep.




I'm certainly not a loyalist to P.F. Flyers or any other sneaker brand but with a great price, I found just what I'd been looking for. The rubber sole should tread well in bad weather, and the suede will be just fine with some help from Kiwi. My only change might be to switch out the green laces for something brighter from the Knottery.



It's good to be back.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sold on chukkas yet. At least not until I find the perfect pair of bucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some traditional dress boots. This is my first foray into chukkas of any kind.

    ReplyDelete