Thursday, February 18, 2010

Right on Target

Everybody has a guilty shopping pleasure. There's always that one clothing shop you wouldn't want to be seen in - for me, it was Abercrombie and Fitch. No true prepster at my school would walk in. Nevertheless, sartorial curiosity must be quenched.

Last summer, I was walking through Target in search of standard Hanes sport socks. I'd never bought clothing and such here before, let alone stepped into the Men's Department. I walked away with an array of argyle and striped socks, a navy gingham button-front, and a madras driver's cap similar to the one seen below. Since that time, I've purchased a number of wardrobe staples at very affordable prices from the Merona line.

Merona offers classic pieces each season of considerable quality (for given price-point). Merona suits, available in separates at a total of no more than $150, have even been commended by GQ and Details. Available now are a variety of argyle and solid merino wool sweaters on clearance for only $14.98. Cashmere - yes cashmere - scarves have been available in store and might still be on the clearance racks for under $10. My favorite acquisitions for the upcoming season have been Merona's collection of fine-knit (practically pima) cotton v-neck sweaters, available in-store only for $20. I still prefer my Ralph pima, but the value can't be beat.

Here's the season's new Merona madras driving cap - only $14.99.


This cashmere scarf, along with one in near-buffalo plaid, cost only $6.48 on final clearance.


There's no Merona here, just another look to reflect my desire for springtime. My thanks go out to the Natural Aristocrat for a recent reference. Please check out this insightful blog!


Indefensibly invincible.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, I'm going to have to check some of this stuff out, hopefully I'll find something on sale. Really digging that tartan scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just picked up a few more great scarves that I'll be posting on soon.

    ReplyDelete