Wednesday, September 26, 2012

By the Numbers

This is the post I planned to write yesterday, inspired by a recent reader question regarding outfit building and the depth of my personal wardrobe.


I create resolutions on my birthdays the way most people do each new year. This time around, amongst other goals, I plan to cut my wardrobe by at least 25 percent. In the past two years I've cut my tie and shoe collections in half but I'd like to do more. I'm blessed to have more clothing than I could ever need, and so I'll not only be selling some of my personal collection at the CKC Shoppe but donating many things as well.

My (approximate) inventory, as of today:
  • Polos - 35
  • Rugbys - 16
  • Dress shirts and sport shirts - 60
  • Sweaters - 277*
    • Cashmere - 27
    • Cardigan - 8 
    • Shawl - 20
    • Cable knit - 54
      • Sweater -40
      • Vest - 14 
    • Cricket - 13
      • Sweater - 9
      • Vest - 4
    • Fair isle / intarsia - 32
      • Sweater - 18
      • Vest - 14 
    • Argyle - 37
      • Sweater - 24
      • Vest - 13 
    • Odd sweaters - 22
    •  Lightweight pima / sea island cotton - 64
      • Sweater - 46
      • Vest - 18
  • Sport coats / suits - 30
  • Pants - 52
    • Chinos - 25
    • Jeans - 10
    • Dress trousers - 8
    • Corduroys - 9
  • Shoes / boots - 80
  • Ties / bow ties - 320
  • Hats - 12
  • Scarves - 10
  • Outerwear - 8

Current total - 900 pieces

Goal by Christmas -  675 pieces




*I know. Who the f*** has that many sweaters? I do... but not for long.



No comments:

Post a Comment