Thursday, September 13, 2012

Polo Spring/Summer 2013

I always look forward to the Ralph Lauren spring and fall runway shows. I generally find myself impressed by a number of outfits that leave me with inspiration and the desire to pick up particular new pieces as they're released.

You can find the latest runway show here at Fashionising.com.

This time around, I'm very disappointed. There's nothing new-looking, nothing innovative, nothing of intrigue. Of course I'm excited to buy the new Fair Isle pictured here, but the rest of the collection, from Polo to Purple Label, is underwhelming.


Take a look and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. From what I was reading, the Spring/Summer collection was inspired by the Great Gadsby film Ralph Lauren created the wardrobe for in 1974. What I really don't understand is the two random hippy looking guys towards the end. I like the looks, but you're right, nothing original it's just sort of the regular RL look. I do really like that bomber jacket look though, especially with white bucks, definitely something I'll probably borrow from in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trade out the leather bomber for a linen jacket and I'd be set. Leather's not for me except for watchbands and briefcases. While there's nothing terribly wrong with any of the dresswear looks, I feel like I've seen them all before in previous collections. The casual stuff, specifically the "tribal" prints or whatever, are appalling.

      Delete