Monday, January 28, 2013

Today's Outfit - Going Grey


I hate to wear black. With few exceptions, it's sad, dreary, and makes one look pale. Charcoal grey, however, looks elegant without feeling stuffy and, I'd say, looks damn good in contrast to yellow. Here, I matched the pocket square off the yellow windowpane of the sport coat. The small gingham tie provides depth over a solid shirt. My one regret about this outfit is the shirt, as I'm on the hunt for some solid white semi-spreads. The Rag & Bone cardigan is a recent buy from the Target/Neiman Marcus holiday collaboration. There's no way I was going to bite at the original $69.99 price, but I picked this up on clearance at $20.99 and after a few wearings, it's proven to be a worthy investment.

Polo Ralph Lauren poplin shirt
Polo Ralph Lauren gingham silk tie
Rag & Bone marled cotton/wool cardigan
H. Freeman Bespoke sport coat
Vintage grey worsted wool trouser
Polo Ralph Lauren charcoal wool socks
Allen Edmonds black bit loafers

No comments:

Post a Comment