Sunday, March 14, 2010

Knit Wit

After two years of thrifting, I've come upon countless knit ties. Every single one has been neutral in color and made of either cotton or wool. With the resurgence of preppy style (or whatever you choose to call it), I've had the luck of picking up several striped knits by Chaps last summer. They feature thin stripes of orange/blue, red/blue, black/purple, respectively.

Stepping into Macy's last week I discovered a number of knit ties by Club Room. For those unfamiliar with the brand, they produce a full line of classic pieces at incredibly reasonable prices. These ties were $45, but 50% off as Club Room pieces usually are. I buy maybe five ties at retail price (on sale/clearance only) each year, and here are the first two.


I must admit, these are made of polyester (and are the only polyester ties I own), but they feel and look silky enough for me. Besides, these work with practically any look and I can't wait to try them out!


Wear yourself well. Carry yourself stylish.

2 comments:

  1. Screw the haters, i own knitted ties of poly as well, and they are just alright. Looking forward to see them being worn with cardigans, jackets and vests :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm just waiting for them to be more weather-appropriate.

    ReplyDelete