Friday, December 3, 2010

Bow Ties

I just picked up an incredible deal on Gilt, the designer discount web store. This Pierrepont Hicks bow tie, retailing for $85, was listed at $38. While I'd never drop that much on a single tie, I noticed something of a Christmas gift from Gilt in my inbox this morning - a $30 coupon. I ended up spending only $8 plus $7.95 shipping for a not so grand total of $15.95.



I had been looking for something like this for awhile, as all my bow ties have either repp stripes or foulard prints. This green, brown, blue, red and orange bow tie will go with pretty much anything and features a nice silk/linen/wool blend.


My local men's shop sells its house bow ties for at least $50. Not for me. Fortunately, Countess Mara at Macy's has been selling bow ties a couple months now. Though the regular price is around $40, I nabbed these at $15 a piece on Black Friday.


My other Black Friday acquisition was a new camera, which means I'll be back with many more photos of my own apparel. Below are two odd photos with my camera's color sampling feature. Kind of interesting, right? Thank you, Canon Powershot.




What's your favorite bow tie?

6 comments:

  1. Those bow-ties are great, what a deal you scored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gilt tie is an excellent find, the windowpane houndstooth check is my hands down favorite pattern.

    The repp bow ties look like they'll compliment your style quite nicely, perfect for adding a bit of whimsy to any outfit.

    What kind of camera did you get? I'm looking for a new one myself, currently the powershot sx130 stands out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoozy - I'm still amazed to have gotten that deal through Gilt.

    David - I bought the Powershot SD 1400 IS. It retails $230 but I found it for $150 on Black Friday. It's blown away all my expectations for a small camera.

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SD1400IS-Stabilized-Black/dp/B0035FZJJ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291432333&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Countess Mara ties. Quite versatile for business wear.

    Duchamp bow ties are gorgeous albeit pricey. I almost bought one in the link below on eBay but I hardly ever wear ties here in California.

    http://dandync.blogspot.com/2007/07/restraint.html

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan - Thanks so much for your feedback, and a happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Them's some rite perty ties !! I think the stripe in the middle is my favorite, though they are all good.

    ReplyDelete