Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Belk's Bargains

When it comes to buying retail, patience and research are crucial. Why? Brand quality just isn't what it used to be. I take a good look through the thrift racks for something comparable to, if not better than, any piece I find at an absurd retail price. Yet, clearance deals come around or nothing similar is to be thrifted and then buying retail isn't so bad.

Today's case - Belk's Saddlebred sport coats. For those unfamiliar with the brand, Saddlebred is similar in design and quality to Chaps or Izod. Browsing online today I discovered a couple summer staples worth a look at under sixty dollars.

A safe and simple linen sport coat is a must-have for the summer rotation. Then an updated classic, tattersall seersucker, is summer's equivalent to bold houndstooth.





Chambray ups the dandy factor. Very underutilized but rather trendy. Finally the classic blue seersucker. Not for beginners. I'll admit, I would be hesitant to invest the latter seersucker for the sake of practicality. I have a Polo tan seersucker blazer from which I extract much greater use.



No comments:

Post a Comment