Sunday, August 28, 2011

Friday Family Feast

A cousin of mine is in town for the week, so another cousin and I decided to celebrate by joining our families together for an evening of food and music. My cousins and I spent the evening preparing our favorite Lebanese dishes for our guests. So getting away from all this nonsensical clothing talk, I'd like to share a couple photos from my Friday evening.

We started with some hors d'oeuvres, such as this spinach and pepper tray and a hummus platter.
 


 Next up we prepared falafel and slivers of zucchini in olive oil.



The main course came in the form of kabobs with onion, mushroom and pepper. Not sure how I missed getting a photo of the final product.
 

After dinner, we indulged in a round of argileh, more commonly known as hookah. And no, it's simply tobacco in the pipe. Seen below the argileh, and in the photo up top is one of my favorite things in the world - Turkish coffee. We wrapped the night with a drum circle on our dourbekis (Middle Eastern hand drums also known as doumbek or tabla).

May you all be so fortunate to have such wonderful families and friends!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind me asking, what's your heritage? I like turkish coffee too. It reminds me of greek coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Lebanese on my mother's side. It's most often with her side of the family that I associate my heritage. On my father's side, I'm British, German and Native American (Cherokee). Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete