Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ten Shoes In, Forty Dollars Out

I certainly hadn't planned to buy any more shoes. I've been well stocked for awhile now with a range of brogues, loafers, oxfords, etc. Yet in visiting my favorite thrift shop today I came upon ten pairs of beautifully beat up shoes, most of which are (around) my size.

 Allen Edmonds - made in USA
 Allen Edmonds - made in USA
 Cole Haan - made in Italy
 Mezlan - made in Spain
 Allen Edmonds - made in USA
 Via Dante - made in Italy
 Allen Edmonds - made in USA
 Allen Edmonds - made in USA
 Sebago - made in USA and heading to the CKC Shoppe
 Allen Edmonds - made in USA and also heading to the CKC Shoppe
Also in the deal were two sets of vintage Florsheim cedar shoe trees

Given some brushing and polishing, these could look almost new again. What's your favorite pair?





6 comments:

  1. The Allen Edmonds saddle shoes. . . Quite a score you made at your thrift shop!

    Best Regards,

    Ulrich von B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a massive case of Allen Edmond saddle shoe envy! Well done on all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gents, I'm undecided as of yet. What are your sizes? I'll stay on the lookout for more saddle shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the offer, Scott, but I scored a pair of vintage Florshiem saddles (very like yours above) earlier this summer. School starts up again the week after next, and I can't wait to put them on with some nice pants, a sport coat, and a tie.

    Best Regards,

    Ulrich von B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depends on the shoe, of course, but eight usually.

    ReplyDelete