Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lauren Ralph Lauren

Bad news - Lauren Ralph Lauren ties don't compare in quality to Polo.

Good news - Lauren Ralph Lauren ties don't compare in price point to Polo.

In fact, if you're willing to pay half the cost of a new Polo tie, you can't beat the LRL tie in the $40-$60 range.

The Macy's here has carried LRL dresswear for years with the exception of neckwear. That had changed when I stopped in last week during a sale and...

Better news - With the help of several discounts, I purchased these two at around $15 each.






Best news - More delighting than discovering this double deal (pardon the alliteration), I picked up six new bow ties the same day. But that tale awaits my next post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fouled anchor on the green/white stripe, but hate the stripes themselves. I'd have preferred a single color (the green), or another color entirely (blue or navy blue, perhaps?).

    The second doesn't do anything for me. Too many colors. Three should be the absolute maximum on a repp tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Spring to roll around again so I can wear the hell out of the anchor tie.

    I love the second tie because the colors match up very well with a few of my dress shirts.

    ReplyDelete