Monday, October 24, 2011

No Cash, No Cashmere, No Problem

Spending $895 on a cashmere sweater is fine when you can afford it. And while cashmere is luxuriously smooth and warm, pima cotton's not so bad either. It's more appropriate for year-round use and it washes quite easily. So, when the opportunity was presented to pick up the pima cotton sweater seen below, incredibly similar to the cashmere sweater on the left, I couldn't resist. Forty-eight dollars later, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new sweater from eBay.

2 comments:

  1. Cashmere is overrated. While it has a wonderful texture, it is far too warm and prone to moths. Cotton is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly agree. Nearly all my sweaters are cotton, with several silk and linen pieces thrown in. However, if I'm to wear something very warm, I prefer cashmere because I can manage to find it on eBay for around the same price as any decent wool sweater.

    ReplyDelete