Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Sweater Week: Day 1

After scouring eBay for the most dreadful holiday sweaters, I came upon some so ugly I'll be posting one each day for the rest of the week. Each piece to be posted is a men's sweater, and free of homemade decoration such as cotton balls, glitter fabric paint and garland. I saw plenty of those and my eyes are still recovering, so I won't be bludgeoning your holiday spirit as well. This also seems like a good time to run a contest. I've been invited to several ugly holiday sweater parties, so I think it's fitting to throw one via the Cable Knit Charlestonian.

Take a photo of yourself wearing an ugly holiday sweater, or somebody else wearing one, or even one you find at a thrift shop. Send your photos to ckcshoppe@gmail.com, perhaps with a caption of your reaction to the sweater. The deadline will be this Sunday at 10PM Eastern, and the champ will be announced the following day. The winner will receive a set of vintage Lochcarron tartan ties, the perfect accessory for this time of year.

So I said I'd only post one sweater a day but I need to catch up from Monday and honestly, I'd definitely wear the first one. The second? Well, I'd rather wear an outfit of Tommy Hilfiger.



3 comments:

  1. That whale sweater is fly as hell. I would wear the beejeebus out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mister - Amen. Hope to see you enter the contest! I searched for the sweater again but can't seem to find the listing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I agree though, the green whale one is just awesome. I have a few of the more traditional ugly sweaters that I've picked up for the occasion over the past few seasons. We'll have to see what we can swing.

    ReplyDelete