Sunday, August 26, 2012

CKC Pop-Up Shoppe






I'm quite proud and pleased to say that the CKC Pop-Up Shoppe made its debut yesterday. My cousin held a grand opening for his pharmacy, and he granted me the opportunity to feature the CKC Shoppe alongside the booths of several local businesses. In preparation of autumn, I offered a selection of tweed, corduroy and Shetland wool sport coats, as well as a vintage cowichan Abercrombie sweater-coat. Wool and heavyweight cotton sweaters were coordinated with a variety of flannel and twill sport shirts. A collection of silk and wool foulard were interspersed with cotton flannels and wool knit ties. Small sets of lambswool scarves and tweed hats were also available. Unlike Giuseppe of AAF, my city doesn't offer quite the same options to hold a pop-up flea, so I've long anticipated the fruition of a real CKC Shoppe. I'm very happy with how things turned out, and I'm so grateful for those that have supported me both online and in person.

Plenty is left over, so expect to see some of these items online pretty soon.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There's a grey Polo cotton crewneck (pictured) and a green one underneath in Small. If you're interested, I can take some photos and we'll work something out.

      Delete
  2. I may will be, fall is going to sneak up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when is the online shop going to offer more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short answer - when I have time.

      Each time I plan to get a real collection together, it seems like something comes up. Running my own advertising firm, I work contract to contract. When business is good (and I'm blessed this has been the case lately), I have less time for the blog and the shoppe. Also, I've been through a myriad of car troubles and nearly all my time on the internet has been spent searching for a new car. Hopefully, I'll have more time after this week to put up many of the items from my pop-up shoppe.

      Delete
  4. Looks good! You should absolutely be glad there exists a population of folks in your vicinity to enjoy your wares, I severely wish there was such a lot here. Not like I need anything else in my closet but I'm looking forward to see what hits the shop.

    ReplyDelete