Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Magic (Bargains) of Macy's

I'd much rather find a deal at a thrift shop or on eBay than pay full price for anything. Fortunately, there are great deals to be had every once in awhile at retail shops. Stopping by Macy's yesterday I discovered a number of pieces up to 80% off. I'll be showing off most of these in upcoming posts.


 

One can never have enough basic polos...


Okay, well I probably have far too many.


I have plenty of pima cotton sweaters, but vests have been harder to come by. Quite happy to have discovered these.


I've also been on the hunt for another warm, durable flannel. Check.


Super soft striped oxfords? I'll take two.


 I'll be getting great use of these when the temperature rises.

White broadcloth should be at the heart of a shirting rotation. A nice tattersall notches it up.


Though it might seem like a flannel, this shirt is a lightweight broadcloth with a nice spread collar.


For some time I'd been wanting a pink and navy striped rugby for chilly spring and summer days. This one comes with a rugged oxford collar.

Eleven items for under $300. Full retail would be over $1000. Not my standard savings, but at an average of 70% off, I don't mind paying out for totally new pieces that are guaranteed to last for years.

What's been your best retail deal?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you lucked out my friend, whenever I hit those sales my sizes are usually gone. That rugby is amazing, as are the other items!

    ReplyDelete