Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ralph Lauren Bedding

Not only do I turn to Ralph Lauren for many of my menswear selections, I buy Ralph's bedding pieces as well. Mine, however, come from places like Home Goods or Marshall's. On a weekly basis, I seem to find anything from pillowcases to comforters around 75% off. Like with any good wardrobe, mixing and matching is essential to finding the right ensemble. Here are a couple pieces in my rotation, currently in use.


"Channeling the majestic elegance of a hand-woven Persian rug, our Poet’s Society bedding makes a grand statement with an intricate, sweeping floral pattern. Duvet, shams and comforter are trimmed in decorative navy cord and feature an engineered printed front and slightly textured back. Duvet and sham feature a button closure."
 

I found the duvet, regularly priced $400 for only $40 at Marshall's a couple months ago. I suppose it was marked down so far because the original packaging was missing. This is so warm I haven't needed to insert a comforter. Best bedding find ever


Currently underneath the duvet I have a Millbrook foulard flat sheet (couldn't find an image) and this Bedford Hunt tattersall fitted sheet. Along with matching pillowcases of each sheet, the light tones play off the bold patterns of the duvet. All 75% off at Home Goods.


Of course, my winter bedding isn't complete without a little Black Watch. Though the graphic on the pillow is simply annoying, I don't really notice it any more. What's important is the way the tartan's colors add to the atmosphere of the overall collection. I purchased several of these from Ralph Lauren Online at 70% off during a White Sale.

I realize the combination of styles might seem like a bit much, but it works. What better a place to feel at home than one's bedroom? Did I mention my Club Room Green (yes, that's the paint name) walls, Persian rugs, and antique pictures? I must have been very British in a past life.

How do you carry your wardrobe's style into your bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment