Friday, January 20, 2012

Messing Around



My apologies for the washed out photo above. I tried this shot five times and this was the best result. Anyway, I wanted to mix up some patterns and colors today. Without much thought, I left the house wearing this stuff... and 501's which aren't pictured.

I figured the Polo Black Watch tartan shirt to be muted enough that I could pair it with something bold. In comes a silk/cotton vest from Kenneth Roberts which I picked up for a few bucks on an Elder Beerman clearance rack, as well as a Polo tie I received from the ever-generous Mister Midwester. Atop all that is a cotton cardigan I recently picked up from the Merona line at Target. Once again, I strongly suggest checking out this stuff. Aside from thrifting, the bang-for-your-buck factor is unbeatable. Though I probably would've been better off with yellow or purple socks, I went for turquoise. Yep. Last up are my favorite black shoes, in fact, the only pair I ever really wear - Allen Edmonds silver-bit loafers.

I have no doubts that I managed to pull off this concoction, but it's certainly not my standard fare. What do you think? Decent or disaster? Creative or cluster****?

2 comments:

  1. Scott, I hope you put the ties back up in the shop, I'm not as settled as I thought I was, so while I mull it over, if someone else snaps them up, I wish them the best. If they're still there when I make my decision, I'll grab them.

    On this particular look... That first picture is really bad, and I have no idea what you look like size, weight, or color wise, and I don't think I could tell you without a more thorough viewings. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen you post Outfit of the Day type posts, so I don't have any memories even to draw on. On me? That would be a disaster, but it might look good on you. Can't say given current evidence (or lack thereof as the case may be).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ties are up again. If you decide to buy them, I'll throw in a few extras.

      I've rarely posted a photo of myself since my first year of blogging. I prefer to let the clothing speak for itself, though I appreciate the feedback.

      Delete